Listen Live

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crazy Dog Lady!


My mother has turned into the crazy dog lady! She has a car seat, a basket for her bicycle, and a ‘castle bed’ for her little pooch. Last year, the Christmas cards she sent out were home made – and featured Sasha on the front with a bow in her hair. She told me last week that she actually went and made an ID bracelet with Sasha’s name on it… and she wears it! Funny thing is I always thought my mother HATED dogs.




She told me she loves her dog, and I explained that I love my dogs too – and we include them in our activities. If we’re out, they’re out. We take them for rides ‘just because’. Roscoe loves the beach and Maggie loves to go hiking.

In an effort to show my mother that my dogs are ‘cooler’ than hers, I introduced them to the internet. Yes, I created a Facebook page for my dogs. The kids are of course mortified that Geoff and I have done this and they’re refusing to friend the dogs. I had daggers thrown at me from Caitlin’s eyes when I announced to her that quite a few friends of hers friended both dogs. “WHAT??? You’re sending friend requests from THE DOGS to MY FRIENDS? Have you lost your mind Mum? OMG. That’s so embarrassing. Don’t send one to me, I am not accepting it. I am not going to be friends with my dog on Facebook. Good God Mum!” She then promptly stormed off to her room. A few hours later, she had accepted both friend requests.


Won’t you be friends with them too? I can’t wait to show this to my mother.

Roscoe Jack Russell - terrierdog6476@yahoo.com
And
Maggie Dane – Maggie.dane@yahoo.com

Yeah, I’m a tool and I do love my dogs dearly – but I’d rather take heat for having a Facebook page than to have someone ask about my ID bracelet.

Rock on with your bad self,

H

Labels: , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home