Listen Live

Thursday, May 21, 2009

NO I DO NOT WANT TO SAVE 10%!


I have two boys so I do a lot of shopping for sporting goods, toys, clothes, and food. In just the past 3 months I've spent at least $500 at Dicks Sporting Goods getting them geared up for baseball, and other activities.

I've shelled out another $250 since January at Toy's R Us for birthday presents, Bakugan, and Nerf guns. Don't even get me started on what I give Hannaford and Shaw's every month! And since they never seem to stop eating, that means they keep growing...which means they know me on a first name basis at Old Navy.

I'm not complaining about spending the money, or what they charge for stuff...what annoys me is the barrage of questions hurled at me once I get to the cash register.

"Do you have the ScoreCard, sir?"

"Would you like to save an additional 10% on your purchase today?"

"Would you like to make a donation to (insert their favorite charity)?"

"Did you find everything you needed today?"

"Have you shopped with us before?"

"Can I have your phone number?"


Please just stop. I barely answer the first question before they hit me with the second and the third. It's like watching one boxer pummel another with a flurry of lefts and rights.

Here's a thought....just say "Hi" and then zip it until you tell me how much I owe. If feeling particularly chatty a nice "How are you?" or "What a beautiful day" would be fine....but STOP with the interrogation. My God, they might as well hold me down and waterboard me! Why can't they simply ring it up...tell me what I owe you...and let me go.

And here's a question...why do I have to have one of those Club Cards, or whatever fancy name they have for them...just to save 10%. Why not just sell the stuff 10% cheaper and then I could afford to buy more stuff!

OK...I'll climb down off the soapbox...the boys just brought in the new Cabela's magazine. Oh look, 30% off if I get a credit card this Memorial Day Weekend! It will probably take a 3 day weekend to answer all the questions that come with filling that out! AaaaaaaH!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home