Listen Live

Monday, May 11, 2009

It was a monumental weekend at our house!


FIRST:

I celebrated ONE YEAR as a non-smoker!

A milestone I never thought I'd see, but am so happy to report that I made it! I would like to thank Geoff, my kids and all my friends for their help this past year. I couldn't have done nearly as well without you. I know you all appreciate my smoke-free lifestyle, as do I!





SECOND:

Geoffrey and I celebrated the 1 year mark in our relationship.

(Not a coincidence that I quit smoking at the same time. He was a big motivator in my decision making and sticking to it. Being able to smooch him on a regular basis; WOW, you gotta be kidding! I sure didn't have a hard time deciding! )



THIRD:

Caitlin and Akashia attended prom!

Caitlin is a senior, and Akashia is a junior. They both looked gorgeous! I swear those kids could wear a couple of bread bags, duct tape and a few dishtowels and they would look stunning. I love you two beauties!





FOURTH:

Geoff and I replaced all but three of the windows on the first floor...

This was actually pretty fun. It happened a lot quicker than I thought it would. We started at 9AM, and at 4:30-ish we had showered, and cleaned up our entire mess. (We had a bunch of prom-goers set to arrive at 5PM!)

We took out all the old windows and carried them to the garage, sanded the sills and surrounding framework, added insulation and installed the new windows. For some reason, I thought it was going to be so hard, but it was easier than some of the recipes I cook! I did a lot of cleaning while Geoff did caulking and putting all the finishing touches on each window.

The dogs helped us quite a bit, they gave us something to trip over while we worked. As we were out taking a break before doing the last two windows, they watched us - and we laughed so hard looking at them because the way they popped up there was like looking at a puppet show! Crazy dogs!

Oh, and it was also Mother's day. That was the least exciting part I suppose... It just seemed like another day. No big deal. The kids made mention of it in passing, and Geoff got me a card.

Now, since I am in the home improvement mood, I am off to get blinds for the new windows, paint and rugs! No rest for the wicked!

Rock on with your bad self,

H


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home