Listen Live

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Projects abound....

Projects, projects and more projects...

That seems to be my life lately. Not that I am complaining! Don't misunderstand, I LOVE projects! The sense of accomplishment, the pride in a job well done, it's great! I can coordinate paints and fabrics with structures and furniture - and I get jazzed up thinking of the end product, and how beautiful it will be. I can visualize how I'd like to see my flower garden, taking into account the sun, soil, climate and surrounding landscape. I love to plan it, and I love to do the work.

But, right at this moment, I'm having a problem. See, it's not the projects that are the problem, it's the time management. I have three things going on at once, and in order for any of them to be finished, it involves the other two...
I am currently moving some rocks, from the side of the house, to the road to make some curved rock walls at the end of the driveway. So far, I have a pretty good start, and I like the way it looks... But, in order for those two curved walls to be finished, I need to dismantle another wall and use the rocks. Which is fine, but it will leave behind a messy area that will need to be taken care of with another style of rock that is currently stacked and waiting in another area of the yard.

I had loam delivered two weeks ago. I got it to spread and seed on an area of the front lawn that looks like it needs a glass of water and it's last rites from my priest. Before I can spread the loam though, I need to finish those two rock walls, reinforce one of them and build up the loam so I can relocate a garden that will sit behind one of the rock walls...

So you see, I have three things that go hand in hand that need to be done in succession. I also have some painting to do in the hallways. Ceiling to baseboard, the rooms need to be patched, sanded and then painted.

None of which is hard, I've done it all before - just trying to find the time and coordininate with the weather is what I am having trouble with. I think that sometimes just picking the place to start is hardest, so today I'll just make a move on something.

Today is nice, so I think I will tackle the rocks. It gives me some fresh air, the dogs love to be out there, and maybe I can finish at least ONE thing that will make me feel better about what I have gotten myself into.

I gotta get busy...

Rock on with your bad self,

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home