Listen Live

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Holy Cow! - pardon the pun...



Well, I never would have guessed that so many people would be against me on quitting the red meat! Yes, I said it, I have given up eating red meat. What's the big deal anyway?

I don't really fancy a big, fat juicy steak. I have eaten it for years, but never any real enjoyment has come from it. Yes, I have had some really tasty burgers, and lets not forget my love affair last summer with the Meat House. Their sirloin tips are the best I've ever tried. Good enough to make me want to slap my own mother. However, that being said - I won't miss it.

I will continue eating turkey, chicken and fish. Heck, I will still eat the pig - because I have to tell you that some of that turkey bacon isn't all that tasty...

(Unless I find something that tastes as good as real bacon, I'm not going to give it up.)


As far as my beloved hotdog - I will not give it up either. There are some really good turkey, chicken and pork dogs, not to mention our new friend the tofu dog. (I haven't tried those as of yet, but what the heck, I will give it a shot.)
I've had turkey burgers and veggie burgers and they're both pretty good. And, I have actually come to prefer ground turkey in tacos! There is one particular brand of veggie breakfast sausage that is absolutely delicious - at least to me... I really don't think it's going to be hard. The only downfall I have, that I can forsee, is my bad memory. I'll grab something and eat it before I even remember that I don't eat it anymore... LOL


I'm not a hypocrite as some people have suggested. I did not say I am going vegetarian, vegan or anything even remotely close to that. Not that there's anything wrong with that - but geesh people - all I have given up so far is the cow.
Rockin on with my non-beef eatin self
H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home