Listen Live

Monday, April 27, 2009

Just shut up Dad!


Monday's are always a little rough...but today seems to be even more so than normal...I've been feeling a little off since I got to work at 3:45 this morning.

On a normal morning I park on the street, and then move my car to the parking garage after the show. Most mornings this means that I have to park on the 4th floor of the garage...which I love because it allows me to take the stairs and then walk the block back to the station and get a little exercise.

However, since I'm not feeling so great this morning...I was thrilled when I spied an open spot on the first floor of the garage. But my happiness was short-lived because as I turned on my blinker and prepared to pull in...a woman in a HUGE SUV decided that since her vehicle is bigger than mine that she would squeeze her gas-guzzling monster into a spot designed for a sedan...and she promptly swung in front of me and took my spot!

Flabbergasted that someone would be so rude, I sat there looking at her with my most evil scowl. Once finished fixing her make-up and gathering her purse, she climbed out of the SUV, glanced my way and flipped me the bird!!

I almost came unglued! How dare she steal my spot...and then have the audacity to flip me off! My first instinct was to curse her up one side and down the other. I probably would have too...if it weren't for my kids. As I sat there...the first word of a long list of unprintable words on the tip of my tongue...I thought of Jack and Nick and what they say to me when I get really mad.

"Dad...the first rule of anger management is to just shut up!"

Right they are. Rule number one when you feel like you're going to go off the deep end on someone...is just shut up and don't say anything. My boys love to remind me of that...I really think they just enjoying saying shut up, since it's on the list of banned phrases at our house...and the fact they get to say it to me just furthers their enjoyment!

So to the lady in the big blue SUV...you should thank my kids for saving your butt this morning! Now before I actually blog something I'll regret later...I'll just shut up.

Labels: ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home