Listen Live

Monday, May 4, 2009

It Could Be Worse

Monday's are always rough...but today was exceptionally so!

When the alarm sounded at 3 a.m. I drug myself to the bathroom, showered, got dressed, and then proceeded to smear toothpaste all over a new shirt! After a quick change it was downstairs where I spilled Crystal Light all over the kitchen floor. Then, thinking it could get no worse, I got to work and lost my cell phone.

Now if you know me at all...then you know that I can not function without my cell phone! I have to have it on my person, or within arms reach, at all times. Yes, I know it's odd...but I hate feeling out of touch.

So imagine my panic when I walked into the FRANK studio at 5 a.m. and realized my BlackBerry wasn't in my pocket...or in my car. I frantically checked my office TWICE...and finally on the third attempt...found it on the floor under my desk! Whew...disaster diverted!

Things finally calmed down and I was able to get through the show without further incident. By 9:15 I was thinking that the Monday Curse had to be behind me...little did I know that fate had another plan.

As I walked out of the building, toward my car...I was bombed by a kamikaze seagull!

Luckily my reflexes were sharp enough to avoid his payload, and I ducked inside the car just as it splattered all over the drivers side door and windshield!

I quickly rolled down my window and shouted, "HA! Missed me!"

People on the sidewalk stopped and looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. And ya know what? I couldn't care less what they had to say...because I know the day could have gotten a whole lot worse if I had been a little slower or that gull had better aim!

Score one for me!

Labels: , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home