Listen Live

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Alas...what's happened to breakfast!?

Oh the stresssssssss!

I had all but given up hope of a good week morning breakfast.


I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand what I am asking for, but the old team at, my morning coffee and breakfast joint, just couldn’t seem to get it right.

I suppose the thing that upsets me the most is that I know they can clearly hear what I am saying when I place my order! For crying out loud, I work in radio!! Aside from a 'Mainah' accent that comes out when I am being lazy or am tired, I am fairly articulate and can convey what I am thinking and what my desires are…I do it all the time successfully!

Last week, I stopped for my morning meal and found, much to my delight, a new person at the window. She was polite, friendly and actually smiled! I checked my order and then looked around to make sure I wasn't in the twilight zone - and left. I enjoyed my stops all last week. My breakfast sandwiches weren’t burnt to a crisp and my coffee was exactly the way I would make it at home. Delicious. There's really something to be said for customer service, especially at the 3:30 AM drive through!

This morning, I was in full anticipation of a delicious breakfast sandwich and piping hot coffee with extra cream and sugar. I had once again gotten excited about breakfast, and used to the easy stress free start to my day. I know my coffee will be hot, but not too hot. The sugar will be just right and my bagel will be perfectly toasted. I rolled through the drive through after placing my order and up to the window.

THE SHOCK! THE HORROR!

The old team was back in place... I don't know where they went, or why they came back but I was not impressed. Sure enough, my coffee wasn't right, and my bagel was burned beyond recognition. The only way I could even tell it was a bagel is because it was round. Well, it was mostly round I guess. It's coffee and a bagel. How hard is it really? I know a couple of elementary school kids who could do a better job.

Looks like I am going to have to find another route to work which includes a different breakfast stop. I just don't think I can go back to the way things were - not after having experienced the joy of a job well done.
What happened to my breakfast angels? Where are they? If you see them, please tell them where to find me! I miss them desperately!
Rock on with your bad self,
H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home