Listen Live

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another year older, but not much wiser...

Why do people say older and wiser? It seems that as each year passes, I forget more than I remember. and I just end up feeling more and more old. When do I get to the 'wiser' part anyway?

I was asking my mother last night over my birthday dinner, if it's normal for me to remember the stuff that doesn't matter - and always forget the important stuff. Appointments - I forget them. Stupid insignificant stuff - Yeah...I remember it. Some days I seriously think that some point I was handed the title "Keeper of Odd Knowledge". (It's fun at parties and during trivia games, but otherwise it's a real pain in my you-know-what!)

I walk into rooms looking for something and once I cross the threshold, I completely forgot what I went in there for. I will turn around to leave and suddenly remember - "Oh yeah..." I was going to pick up that herb that helps you remember stuff, but every time I go to the store I forget what it's called so I come home empty handed. I go through a lot of advil from smacking myself in the head, and I can't tell you how much V-8 I've had in the past few years.

Mother said it's not going to get better - and that it's OK - and perfectly normal for me to find that I've left the carrots on the stove and didn't serve them with dinner, because I forgot I made them. Forgetting that there WAS dinner is another story though. Maybe she's still protecting me, maybe she's telling the truth. Who knows for sure, she's A LOT older than I am - which most likely means I'll need to get her a GPS soon so she can continue coming over to visit and then find her way home. LOL JK mom, I love ya.


Someday, I will be able to tell my grand children stories about how I lived, loved and learned.

They'll think I am absolutely amazing, just like I did about my grandparents. Of course that's before they realize that I don't remember who they are or that I am related to them.


Rock on with your forgetful self...

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home