Listen Live

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nice to meet you...now turn and cough!


I just got back from meeting my new doctor...which is to say that an hour ago I got naked in front of a complete stranger within 15 minutes of meeting him!

You know...nothing says, "It's nice to meet you" like "Turn and cough."

As far as I'm concerned, choosing a doctor is a lot like going on a first date. On a date you aim to impress...detailing every work accomplishment, embellishing your sports prowess, and bragging about last years trip to Jamaica...all in an attempt to make a good impression and hopefully end the night with a good night kiss and the promise of another date.

When meeting a new doctor you kind of do the same thing...but instead of work and
vacations...you boast of going to the gym 3 days a week and working out like an Olympic athlete, insist that you've never been sick a day in your life, pull out a photo album that traces all of you ancestors back to the old country...people of strong stock, that all lived to be at least 96.

And, if you're a guy...you tell all of these tales for one reason, and one reason only...to avoid the dreaded prostate exam!

We'd rather have dinner with our ex-wife and her mother...both of them berating and verbally beating us to a pulp...before we hear the sound of a latex glove snapping against a cold hand! Oh you laugh...but it is SO true.

Thank God I escaped with just an examination of the Fox Family Jewels...but I'm sure my smooth talk will only get me so far! But then again, maybe I can just avoid him for a couple of years...and then work my charm on another new doctor.

Hey it's worth a try...anything to avoid "OK...relax. This will just take a minute!"

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home