Listen Live

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oh the drama of a teenage girl at prom time!

I couldn't begin to tell you what I have spent on dresses for Caitlin in the past 6 years.
Formal, semi-formal, casual, whatever!


If there was a dance, she needed a new dress. And often times there was more than one dance a year, which meant another shopping trip! (because God forbid she be seen in last year's dress!)

And of course getting a new dress, means getting new shoes, new jewlery, nails, hair, etc...

If you have a daughter, then you know the drill.

She came home yesterday and said she found one that was perfect and soooo beautiful! Then proceeded to tell me that she wished she had the money to buy it.
No matter that it was $400!

After I was done choking, I told her that sounded more like a wedding dress than a prom dress, and for her to not hold her breath that I was going to pay for it either.


The major dilemma this year, is that she needs a date. She can't go with her boyfriend, because he is 21. The 'rules' about prom, say that someone over the age of 20 cannot attend. So, now, she is freaking out.

I told her to find a friend who she'd have a good time with and go with him. No pressure, just fun. It's their last year to all be together and they should enjoy it. Apparently that wasn't a good suggestion, because she shot me a look that said "you've got to be kidding"...

Her brother suggested that she go with her friends and have a good time, since it's the last time they'll get to go to a school dance, and he got the same look.

Apparently, it's not cool to show up at your senior prom with your friends. It means you're a completely hopeless loser and couldn't find a date. I tried to tell her that she could be the one person to shatter that 'loser image' by showing up sans date. Again, I got the look.

I don't know what she's going to do, all I know is that after this the whole dress shopping thing is over. Well, at least until she decides to get married. And THAT isn't going to be for a verrry loooong time!


Rock on with your bad self. I gotta go dress shopping... AGAIN!

H




Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home