Listen Live

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hor'dourves anyone?

I am throwing a party in less than two weeks and have been stressed out about the Hor'dourves. I've gone back and forth for a few weeks now, and still can't decide.

I make a pretty decent bruschetta, if I do say so myself, so I have at least decided on making that. I've served it at coctail parties as an appetizer, as well as with weeknight family dinners. I make it so often that my family doesn't consider it 'special' any more... They don't even bother ordering it when we go out, they just wait for me to make it at home and with 4 teens, it doesn't last long so I normally make two batches at a time! Today, I'll share it with you, and you can try it out on your family to see what they think.

As a side note, you can use a can of petite diced tomatoes (drained of course) in place of the fresh ones - and if you're in a pinch and don't have fresh herbs, you can use dried ones, but beware, it won't taste the same!

Best Bruchetta

INGREDIENTS

1 French baguette
1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pinch ground white pepper
1 (8 ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese
1 (6 ounce) package sliced provolone cheese


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Brush both sides of each slice with the olive oil.
Place tomato slices and a sprinkling of basil and oregano on the bread slices.
Sprinkle the tomatoes, basil and oregano with the garlic powder and white pepper.
Cover the tomato slices with slices of the mozzarella and provolone.
(I normally tear these up a bit, to make them fit the bread better, and don't usually use a full slice of cheese per bread)
Place more basil, oregano and tomato slices on top of the cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Enjoy!

If you have a favorite recipe for Hor'dourves that I can use for my party, I'd sure appreciate you sending it along! Please? If it's really good, I may just invite you to my party!

Rock on with your bad self and get out the recipe book!

H

Labels: , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home