Listen Live

Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer learning

So... Summer is almost over. At least it feels that way.


The wind is getting that Autumn feel to it and even some of the leaves are changing already. Ick!


Not that I detest Autumn, in fact it is probably my favorite season however, I hate to say goodbye to Summer! It is so short! It just arrives to say hello and is gone before you can even get sick of it! Not like when the family comes to visit... heh heh heh

I decided to blog about my reflections this afternoon.


Reflections about all the things I've learned this Summer.
It isn't going to be in any sort of order, there will be no explanations, just a random list of things as they occurred to me...Try to follow along.







I learned that one of my closest friends has type II diabetes. I found out that saving money on weed killer doesn't mean you got a 'good deal'. I learned that Great Danes really like cheese danish. I found a new seafood restaraunt on the beach in Cape Elizabeth, a really cool park with a submarine in Portsmouth, and I learned that people really do have 7 or 8 kids and are happy about it! I learned that a dehumidifier works similar to an air conditioner.

I saw my first up close and personal hot air balloon, learned about the care of a damaged Caltalpa tree, and studied a book on philosophy through literature. I was witness to a complete 'cold water' plumbing replacement in a basement, as well as a few emergencies. I saw my neighbor's cat get hit by a car and was shocked at my ability to step in and help without being emotional, I made a new friend at Red Cross, I talked my daughter out of piercing her face. Fraggle Rock bedspreads are no longer popular.


I learned that you can fall crazy in love with your best friend and it can be the most incredible thing ever. I found out that even though you have $5 and Chuck Norris has $5; Chuck Norris STILL has more money than you. I also learned that I can only eat 5 hotdogs, and if you try to stuff more than 5 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag, it's going to break and get crap everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It doesn't pay to look like you work for KFC in your wedding photos, and if your car doesn't start, check the gas tank before calling the mechanic.


Don't make a bet with Bill Fox that you can't keep, in fact, don't make a bet with him at all...you'll just lose. I learned that I can only spin around on a bat 10 times before getting sick, and if you put on a costume and walk around downtown, no one will say a word to you.
These are just a few things I learned, if I wrote all of them down, I would be here all night. I hope you learned some things too.
Rock on with your bad self...
H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home