Listen Live

Thursday, August 21, 2008

What can we do to prevent this?!

While perusing the Internet (Internets if you're Al Gore or Chris Mitchell - JK love ya Chris!) looking for something to blog about, I went from one video to another looking for something, anything that would spark interest, spark discussion, spark motivation - you name it.

I saw some funny video's of babies, cats, people being pwned - etc, etc, etc.

Then I stumbled upon something that would absolutely turn a spark into a raging fire.

Emotion. At least that is what it sparked in me. Sadness. Anger. Disbelief.
Take a look, and we can talk more...




Now, after seeing this - I was quite upset. However, I immediately went to video #2.




My father left me too.

I spent many years wondering what I did to upset him, why did he leave?
I made different choices than Allison. I didn't go for the duster. I chose anger.

I found out that I was pregnant when I was 18. I called my 'Father' and he told me that I had completely screwed up my life and that I would never amount to anything. It was then, that I said to him "If that is all you have to say to me, then I guess we are not going to speak again".

I did of course try to speak to him again, several times - I wanted him to meet his granddaughter. He saw her once, when she was about a year old. She is 18 and graduating from high school this year.

At one point, it was easier for me to think of him as just simply being dead. For a while, I told the people that didn't really know me well, that he was dead. Now though it doesn't bother me at all. I realized that it was his loss, not mine. He is the one missing out - not only on his own child's life, but he has two grandchildren that he hasn't really met. Two really great grandchildren.

Totally his loss. But, I do feel for Allison.

Video #3


Video #4



So, today we discussed whether or not the drinking age should be lowered. I say no. I know that people are going to do what they want to do, no matter what and this series of videos prove it.

Good things can come from disaster though.

Video #5



I hope that Allison continues to stay on the path she's been on since May. No one deserves to have an existence like she had before the intervention. No one wants to be that unhappy. No one likes being that unhappy.

If you, or someone you know has an addiction problem, please - don't be silent.
Get help, offer help.

For more information on help, please contact :

maine.gov/dhhs/osa/

www.addictionsearch.com/treatment/ME/maine.html

www.intervention.com/

Rock on with your bad self,

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home