Listen Live

Monday, August 11, 2008

Completely Random...

So I couldn't find anything really 'blogworthy' today during my 'morning Internet scouring session' and I waited all day to see if something really exciting happened. Nothing did.
So, now it is almost time for bed, and I still don't have a topic.

I don't suppose I need one really. Aren't people generally nosy? I think so. I think people want to know about things, people and what they're doing. I would daresay that 98% of the public has a little Gladys Kravitz inside of them...Come on, we've all seen the Hitchcock classic Rear Window, haven't we? Don't lie to me, I simply won't accept it.

I will therefore blog about my day. Oh my yes! My exciting life is going to unfold right before your very eyes. Exciting, stuff I tell ya. OK, maybe not. But, it's got to be worth something right? I mean, it is my existence...

The alarm normally goes off sometime around 2:40. The past week though it's been going off about 2:20 - sometimes 2:00. Yes, that is AM. I've only had to shut the alarm off once in the past week, every other day I am awake before it goes off, which is a good thing so as to not wake the handsome man sleeping next to me. Sometimes he wakes up, sometimes he doesn't. When he does, I kiss him goodbye. When he doesn't I don't want to wake him, he doesn't need to be up until at least 5:30. (bedside clock is set 15 minutes fast) Good thinking dear!

I grab my clothes and dress in the bathroom, then I can brush my teeth before going downstairs.
I let the dog out, if he gets up, and make the coffee pot ready for when Geoff gets up. Sometimes I leave him a note, and sometimes I don't. Silly lovie type notes. Gross girlie in love kind of stuff.

On the way to work, sometimes I get an iced tea from MacDonald's because it is $1.00 and will last the entire length of the show, and sometimes I go to Dunkin Donuts. Usually it is McD because I am cheap.

I have a nifty spot in the parking garage that is attached to the building. I never have to worry about the weather or sometimes unsavory characters or perverts who may be lurking around... OK, who am I kidding. This is Portland Maine. Anyway, it makes me feel cool to have such a parking space, so shuddap.

I go to my office, and get ready for the show. Check the news, sports, etc. Then it is time to work, and you all know what happens there. Yes, we can leave the studio to go to the bathroom or get more coffee. I have even been known to walk next door to see Carl at Whip's and ask him to make me a hot dog. =)

After the show, we have more work to do, and normally wrap up sometime around 11:30. Sometimes earlier, and sometimes later. Unless it is Thursday and in that case we are out of there by 10:30 - 10:45 so we can go to the ARL and get our photo taken with the pet of the week.

Today after work, I went to the bread store. I love that place. I know I mentioned it to you in a previous post, and how someone made fun of all the bread and bagels and such. Well, it was gone and we needed more. This week I only got 4 sleeves of bagels and one loaf of bread. One of the kids won't be in the house this week and therefore I don't want to waste it. I would rather run out than have it go bad.

After the bread store, I went to pick up my son from his cousin's house and then finally got to come home. Once here, I put the bread away and let the dogs out. I put a load of clothes in the dryer, then washed one. I tried to lay down for a nap, but couldn't sleep. The boys were in the kitchen making a snack or something, and the bottom shelf on the door of the fridge came off and all the condiments spilled on the floor making a terrible racket. I listened to them laugh and could hear everything get picked up. Very nice when a teenage boy makes a mess and cleans up after himself. That is a great story!

I got up after a failed attempt at a nap to find all the kids gone, so I decided to make a banana bread. I followed the recipe to the tee, but somehow it came out looking like a very light bread. I was asked why it wasn't darker and didn't know what to say. It was suggested that maybe other people use darker bananas than I did. I guess that would sound right. Anyway, it will either get eaten or it won't.

We had tacos for dinner and that was pretty good. We discussed senior shirts and themes and ideas of them. We laughed at what the possibilities could be for other seniors we know. After cleaning up from dinner, and Geoff preparing his lunch for tomorrow, I swapped over the laundry, folded the ones from the dryer, and took a bath. Geoff is changing the toilet in the downstairs bathroom and I can hear him clinking around in there. The kids just got back with a shower curtain and I can hear them upstairs "ooooh" and "ahhh". I suppose I should go and look.
I will say goodnight to my family and go to bed before all of them. I will be up again at the same time, and my day will be very similar to this one. With the exception of the bread store, I don't need to go there again until next week. Oh and tomorrow there will be a note for Geoff. But I didn't leave it by the coffee maker. I put it in his lunchbox instead!

Rock on with your bad self,

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home