Listen Live

Friday, August 15, 2008

Drive it or park it...


A beautiful car, isn't it? It's OK you can admit that you admire it, even if you could never have one. I do it all the time...




OK, so yesterday I see these two dudes driving this gorgeous corvette convertible. It was sparkling clean, and absolutely perfect. One of the guys was older, the other younger, which led me to believe it was a father and son. How nice! A father and son out for a ride in the 'Vette on such a gorgeous day.


That thought lasted about 15 seconds.
Now, I know you saw me post a blog a while back regarding the Ford Mustang Bullitt and how it would be so great to have one of my very own... Great because I drive like a demon child and have a very heavy foot. OK, it's not just heavy, it's lead. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as I am not hurting anyone or getting caught - cause that would hurt my wallet!


I got a ticket once for doing 85 on the Maine Turnpike. I was only supposed to be going 65, and that ticket was over $200! And that was in my Toyota!

Anyway, I digress... This Corvette that I saw yesterday was completely sad. Although it was clean, and shone like a new penny, it was seriously depressed! And I could tell this from looking for less than 20 seconds. How can I tell the car was depressed? Well, the way it was being driven for one thing!

A car like that, isn't meant to go 30 miles an hour. That is a complete waste. A waste of the car's performance ability and a complete waste of time! Not only does the car expect to be driven the way it was built but anyone who sees the car is expecting it to be going faster than, oh, I don't know - Grandma on her RASCAL scooter?!?



COME ON PEOPLE!


This car is ready to go! It has a 6.0L 400 hp V8 engine! That's right I said 400HP! SO what if it only gets 17 - 18 MPG in the city - anyone who buys a car like this isn't really concerned with the mileage. (Are they?)
If they are, then may I suggest a RASCAL?



A Ford Mustang Bullitt would be nice and I would absolutely take one, if someone handed me the keys and said "All yours!" But, the Corvette is (and has actually always been) my first choice, and mine would look just like this... Sweet!

I wouldn't be scared to drive it either. Look at it! Its practically begging for you to stick your foot clear into the carburetor.

DRIVE ME! - it screams!

Might not be a bad idea for me to make sure the life insurance premium is paid up and I've got my last will and testament all written and securely put away...

Rock on with your bad self, and drive it like you stole it! (and if you can't, then may I suggest that you just PARK IT!)

H



Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home