Listen Live

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Went Where?


South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford continues to make news today after ditching his security detail late last week and taking off for four days without telling anyone where he was going.

At the time his wife said she had no idea where he was, but wasn't worried...he just needed a few days away from the kids! His staff said that Sanford was hiking the Appalachian Trail. Today, the Governor admitted he was actually in Argentina! Why Argentina? Because he wanted to do something exotic!

Please understand, I don't fault the guy for wanting to get away from it all. God knows that I occasionally feel like packing a bag, jumping in the car and just taking off for parts unknown. But I don't! Mostly because when I got home my wife would kill me! Come on guys...you know that would never fly in your house either.


Maybe it's just me...but isn't it kind of odd that he wanted to get away from his kids over Father's Day weekend? I wonder what they did to make him fly all the way to South America to get away from them. I felt lucky just to sleep in an extra hour, and get a card...but as I think about it...a little trip would have been nice. Call me easy, but I would have been happy with a daytrip to Boston...instead I sat at Haddlock Field under the threat of rain and watched the Sea Dogs get their butts kicked.

Oh well...after all, he is a Governor and I'm just a regular guy. But, doesn't that make it even more important that someone should know where he is at all times? What if there had been a statewide emergency, a national disaster, or God forbid a family emergency that required his presence?

Politics aside, it just seems a little irresponsible to me. Maybe we'll get some answers this afternoon when Sanford holds his press conference. Personally I don't care what his excuse is...heck more power to the guy...he got away with something most all of us have daydreamed about but don't have the guts to try.

So go on Governor, take off for a week next time...but if you need a traveling companion I know some guys that would like to join you...and we promise not to tell anyone where were going.

Labels: , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home