Listen Live

Friday, June 19, 2009

Why did I ever pick last week to start a new eating plan??... I didn’t even consider that graduation parties were happening, company would be coming and that I’d have to try and please the palate of all our guests, friends and family members…

I suppose though it’s like anything else when you think about it. I never take a trip in the car and get every green light in town. Why would this be any different?
If I had thought to use Graduation as an excuse to prolong my lifestyle change, I could have then easily found a hundred more reasons and procrastinated this out for months or even years. But, that is what got me to where I am now. Procrastination instead of action is what causes the photographer to use the panoramic lens…

I cleaned out the freezer of all red meat. Steaks, burger, roasts, etc… – gone. I grilled it all and offered it to our guests. Since I am not eating red meat any longer, the red meat that does get purchased will be used immediately I don’t plan to have more in the house - unless Geoff brings it home and asks me to cook it for him.

This week was full of choices good and bad. When I stepped on the scale earlier this week , I had gained back two pounds of the 6 lbs I'd lost. This morning when I stepped on the scale ( I only weigh myself twice a week - it seems to put less pressure on me, if that makes sense) I had lost the two I had gained back and two more, so my total loss is 10 lbs in two weeks. Not too shabby at all.


I don't notice it yet though, and everyone says that the first ten comes off easy and it's mostly water weight. Great, like I want to hear that...

Anyway, I continue to plug along, and am happy with my progress. I think even more than the weight loss this week, I was proud of the healthy choices I've made. It all comes down to commitment. I go on vacation in two weeks, and am trying to lose 10 more by then. That'd be really great. Cross your fingers!

Rock on with your bad self,

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home