Listen Live

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baseball is back


Spring is finally here and that means the return of baseball.

After a false start because of weather, the Red Sox started off strong on Tuesday...Josh Beckett was on fire. Last nights game wasn't so great....John Lester started off strong, but quickly faded in the 4th inning and Boston ended up losing. And things aren't going so great this afternoon for game 3 with Tampa Bay. I know it's only the 3rd game of the year...but I hate losing this early on.

Of course tonight is the Portland Sea Dogs season opener against the Connecticut Defenders. I'm excited to see how new pitcher Junichi Tazawa will play for Portland. The Sox obviously have high hopes for him...he was signed last year as amateur free agent after four years with the Japanese Industrial League.

If this kid does well how long do you think it will take them to print up a bunch of T-shirts and jersey's with the name TAZ on the back?

And finally, as excited as I am about the Sox and the Dogs...I'm more excited about Hollis Little League. Both of my sons will be playing their first season of baseball! Nick played two years of
T-Ball...but as he frequently reminds me, this is the real thing with uniforms AND he has t wear a cup! Can I tell you how thrilled they both were to wear a cup...UNTIL they had to wear it!

Let's hope it's a good season for all of our teams.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home