Listen Live

Monday, January 5, 2009

Do I know you from somewhere?...

I guess it's time for me to join the masses and create a facebook page.


I really don't want to - it's just something else I will have to take care of; I'd rather get another houseplant. (Not that I can keep those alive for long either) I think the concept of MySpace is great. I even made a page there. Facebook isn't really any different when it all comes down to it - is it? You make a page, put up some pictures and find people that you haven't seen or spoken to in years. In some instances this is great! I've found many a friend through MySpace, that I'd been unable to contact any other way and I am grateful.


On the flip side though, there are some people you'd just as soon forget - and if I make a facebook page, then they can find me! They're already doing it - through my daughter's facebook page!!! She is tired of forwarding me email, and responding to the people who tell her that they went to school with me, knew me when we were 8; or worked with me at 'such and such a place'. She threatened that if I didn't make one, she'd make it for me!

Maybe I should let her. She's on there every day - several times! She's always running and saying "Be right back, I gotta go update my facebook page...Can I get copies of those pictures, I'd like them for my facebook page...Oh, I didn't know you knew so and so, he's my friend on facebook!" I just can't keep up!

Now don't get me wrong, so far, everyone who's gotten in touch with me (through Caitlin's page) has been someone I've thought about through the years, and reminiced fondly of our adventures together. But, I know that eventually, there will be someone who I have to add as my friend, because if I don't - they'll be all hurt and sad and wondering why I didn't make them my facebook friend...you know how it goes.



Of course this entails a new photo, and a new profile and just thinking about it exhausts me so much I need a nap...

Rock on with your bad self...

H

Labels: , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home