Listen Live

Monday, December 1, 2008

The Thanksgiving nightmare continues...

OK, so now that we've all had a grand time laughing at my clumsiness and obvious stupidity - can I just say how much this stupid ankle injury is impacting my daily activities and my overall mental health???

Ever worn one of these rigs?



It isn't much fun if you ask me.

Well, I would be in an even bigger world of hurt without it. I don't dare stand without it on! I know, I am a sissy for depending my stupid little air cast, but I am frantically paranoid of re-injuring my ankle! If I wake in the night to go to the bathroom, I put it on.

Look, I know it's just a sprain, or at least that is what they told me in the ER - along with "if it isn't better in two weeks or so, call your Dr. and have him do another XRAY.. cause it could actually be a hairline fracture that we can't see yet..." Nice. I've never broken a bone, and I have NEVER had a sprained ankle.

I will be the first to tell you how much it hurts though!

I am not one for sitting around and doing nothing, and that is what this ankle has done to me... It has stripped me of my independence (at least for a few days)! Sitting in the living room watching TV isn't my idea of a good time. Once in awhile I enjoy a show or a movie, but not for days on end. I can't clean the house, I can't do the shopping, I can't do anything! I hate it! Getting up from a seated position can be a chore, as our couch tends to suck you in when you sit down. If I keep my foot elevated for too long, my toes fall asleep. Complain, whine, bla!

Those darn crutches lasted about a day and a half. Trying to use those is less fun than wearing the stupid air cast.


I already had to cancel my first snowboarding lesson for this weekend. I have another scheduled for Dec 20th, hopefully I will be much, much better by then! If not, maybe my air cast will fit inside my boot?



Rock on with your bad self,

H


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home