Listen Live

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tree: Real or Fake?


We talked about this topic at length over a week ago on Frank's Place with Bill & Heidi...and I'm still getting e-mail with advice and opinions!

The truth is that I love a real tree. I always have. There's just something about the smell, and then finding the perfect side to face the room...I think the lights and ornaments even look better on a real tree.

However, at my house no one wants to help take care of the tree after it's decorated. Oh they love the tree from the lot to the car to inside the house to decorating it...but then it's as if the tree has the plague...until Christmas morning when all the presents are sitting around it...then everyone loves it.


So a few weeks ago I called a family meeting and suggested an artificial tree this year. Wow! I might as well have suggested that we cancel Christmas this year! I was met with outrage...my youngest son even suggested that I may be Scrooge! My wife just shook her head and looked as if I'd just run over the cat.


At first I was taken back by their behavior...then I recalled the day that my dad brought home the fake tree that would be the scourge of our holidays for years to come. I couldn't believe that he could do such a thing...

So after talking with Frank Nation I called another family meeting to re-address the issue. This time they were armed with the facts! My wife broke out safety statistics on real vs. artificial tree's, my two son's talked about the pro's and con's to the environment, and then they all slammed me with the fact that I hate fake tree's.

Needless to say we went and got a very nice real Christmas tree later that day.

Thanks for all of your input...now stop e-mailing to call me The Grinch!



I hope you're having a great holiday season.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home