Listen Live

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Can you believe it's almost 2009???


WOW, time sure has flown this year! I can't believe that 2008 is almost over and 2009 is already peeking around the corner! It seems like yesterday I was graduating from High School! Upon further inspection, it turns out that I am going to celebrate my 20 year reunion in 2009!


I would have to say that 2008 has been a remarkable year for me. I experienced a great deal of personal growth early in the year and I started my job here at Frank in March. Can you believe it, it's been almost a year! Wow! The spring of 2008 brought me more joy than I could even imagine, when Geoffrey and I agreed to make our relationship exclusive. I have never been happier or more complete.

2008 was also the year I quit smoking! I have been smoke free now for 7 months and 6 days! I never want to go through that again, but I do think of it often and remind myself how lucky I am in my life, how much I love my family, and that I want to be around for my kids and their kids. I smell better, I breathe easier and I don't have to clean my car as often! Who knew that'd be a plus to quitting?



The summer of 2008 had some great cookouts, parties with friends and of course lots of yard work and mowing! Since I didn't have a lawn of my own, Geoff was nice enough to let me come over and play with his riding mower and weed his gardens. I suppose since I was doing such a good job of it, he decided to ask me to move in with him in August. So, I packed up the things I wanted to keep, got rid of some old stuff, and a lot of bad energy that I'd been carting around for too many years and we took the plunge of combining our families. My two teens and dog with his two teens and dog. So far, so good! We all get along really well, the kids all seem to dig the arrangement and they're really courteous and thoughtful of one another. Our life has turned into something of a sitcom to quote Geoff. Lots of interesting things happening.



Summer wrapped up and ushered in fall with it's glorious colors and coolness. It also brought lots of raking...Three times we cleared leaves, and still have a ton that didn't get picked up. Geoff and I went back and forth on the pros and cons of a leaf blower. I could see the value of having one, but he didn't. Oh well, I have till next year to visit that again. Maybe between now and then I can come up with a compelling story or reason as to why it would make sense. If not, it's ok. I don't mind being out there with him raking.

Now it's time for Christmas and the year is drawing to a close. I just can't believe it's gone by so fast! I hope you have had plenty of time to reflect on your year and be thankful for the things you should be thankful for kept what's worth keeping and got rid of the things that didn't fit into your life any longer.



I wish you well for the New Year.
Bless you and your families, enjoy your holiday festivities and of course....

Rock on with your bad self!

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home