Listen Live

Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting Ready for a New Year


I hope you had a wonderful Christmas...or whatever you may celebrate at your home. I hope it was filled with joy, family, friends...and all of the presents you asked for or secretly wanted but didn't have the nerve to ask for!

Now our attention turns to the new year. It's hard to believe that 2009 is upon us in a matter of a few days.

Many of you will venture out on New Years Eve to party like rock stars. Did you notice I said many of you? I said you...instead of us...because there's NO WAY I'm going out!


My wife has been begging me to go out...but she better grab a bag of Orville Redenbacher and get ready to watch Ryan Seacrest and Dick Clark drop the ball on TV...'cause there's no way I'm going out on Amature Night.



Yes...Amature Night! New Years Eve is the one night out of the year that everyone thinks they can drink like they did when they were 21! Oh sure they may have a couple of beers or a shot every now and again...but most Friday nights they're home watching TV and bobbing for chest hair before Doug Ray finishes the 11 o'clock news on Channel 13.



So my advice is just stay home, order a pizza, and celebrate with the ones you love...and of course have a beer or two...but wear a brace because you can really damage your neck muscles when you nod off suddenly.

Happy New Year!

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home