Listen Live

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Favorite Fake Radio Station is Now a Real TV Station


WKRP is back on the air in Cincinnati, Ohio but this time it's for real!

A low-power TV station has changed its call letters to WKRP...the same as the fictional radio station in the 1970s hit series WKRP in Cincinnati.

The station changed its call letters to promote its new digital TV signal. The general manager said the new call letters will give the station recognition because so many people remember the television sitcom.

This is my all-time favorite TV show. It was one of the driving forces behind why I got into this business...and I'm not so sure I'm happy that a TV station now has the call letters...after all, is Les Nessman anchoring the 6 o'clock news? Is Dr. Johnny Fever or Baily Quarters hosting the morning show? And more importantly is Jennifer the receptionist?

As you ponder all of that...enjoy one of my favorite episodes of the real WKRP in Cincinnati.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home