Listen Live

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What is this world coming to?

As the mother of two, I preached for years to my kids about putting things up their noses.

Don't pick your nose, get a tissue.
Don't put that pencil up your nose!
NO!! THAT DOESN'T GO IN YOUR NOSE!!

Well, now it would seem that all my years of teaching and reinforcement have gone the way of the high button shoe. Have you seen (or heard of) this thing called a neti pot?

It looks like an oil lamp or something doesn't it? It's been described as a cross between Aladdin's lamp and Grandma's gravy boat. I would have to agree, although only in looks.

Do you know what this is used for??

You fill it with warm salty water and stick it up your nose!

That's right, I said up your nose. Ewww!

Apparently, the purpose of said pot, is to 'bathe' the sinuses. I can't imagine it! I've never heard something so ridiculous. But, apparently, I am not cutting edge to realize that this has been around for a long time!

There's even one that pulses for those hard core nasal bathers! It looks a little bit like the water pic that my Aunt Effie had in her bathroom for so many years. I couldn't begin to fathom sticking this up my nose and 'washing' the inside of my face with it!


Here is a video of someone using a neti pot.
Is it just me, or does this lady look surprised that she's about to stick this in her nose? What's up with her eyeballs??

Now, not only am I supposed to add this to my already hectic morning routine, but now I have to add some exercises to get all that water that shouldn't be up my nose out of there?

Come on! Give me a break already! I think I'll just stick to a box of kleenex and some vicks when I get a cold. Thanks anyway.

Rock on with your bad self,

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home