Listen Live

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What's up with MLB?


It's October...and for baseball fans that means one thing...PLAYOFFS!

So let me pose this question...why does MLB insist upon putting games on TV so late at night? Our beloved Boston Red Sox don't take the field until 10 p.m. EST! If you live in California where the Angels play...that's GREAT...there's plenty of time to get home from work, have dinner, grab a frosty brew of choice and kick back for the game.

Hey MLB...how about a little love for us friggin' east coasters? By 10 p.m. I'll be sawing logs...and even if I can make it to 10 o'clock I'll be bobbin' for chest hair midway through the 1st inning.

Is putting the game on at 8:30 p.m. EST too much to ask? That still gives Angels fans time to get home and see the majority of the game. And even if they miss a couple of innings...who cares...most people don't watch the entire game anyway. Even if we stay up to watch the first couple of innings it's still a late night...and most everyone I know WORKS for a living and gets up at the butt-crack of dawn!

Plus think how much money MLB is losing out on in advertising dollars from east coast viewers. Here's a tip Bud Selig...if we're asleep we don't see the commercials...and then we don't buy what they're selling on TV.

All I can say at this point is thank God for ESPN Sportscenter and the Internet so I can see what happened.



OK, that's it...I'm off to catch a nap so I can at least see the first inning.

Talk to you in the morning!

Labels: , , , , ,


Rate This Post


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cubsfan in maine
i totally agree with you on this pont they have the cubdodger game starting at 930est give me a break if they would allow us baseball fans to vote on a commisinerr bud would have been gone along timwe ago so i eave with this bud must go

October 2, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home