Listen Live

Friday, September 26, 2008

The bailout...ooops the rescue effort...umm...whatever...

Like millions of Americans I've been transfixed...watching the talking heads drone on about the $700 BILLION bailout of the nations economy.

I knew that we had reached the saturation point at my house when my 6 year old son called in from the kitchen and asked, "Dad...why are they always talking about Wall Street? Why don't they ever mention Main Street?"

Wow! How profound! Without even knowing it, Nick asked the most important question yet. The one that eluded even the most seasoned analyst on FOX and CNN.

After pausing to pull my chin from the floor...I simply said, "I don't know." To which my son replied, "It must be important...but I don't even know where Wall Street is...but I think every town has a Main Street."

I think he's probably right. I hope tonight during the debate that both candidates show us that they know what my 1st grader knew instinctively...Wall Street is obviously important...but most of us are more concerned with our very own Main Street.

Labels: , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home