Listen Live

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I need your input...

So after about 2 weeks of writers block I finally got some inspiration this morning after reading my e-mail.

A family member read my recent blog titled "I'm Tired"...it's the one that featured the goofy video of John McCain ogling Sarah Palin at their very first press conference.




After reading my blog and then watching the video, my family member e-mailed to say that while they're certainly no fan of Sarah Palin, the video was sexist, and proof of how difficult it is to be an attractive, young woman in the United States of America!

HUH? Excuse me...really? It's hard to be female, young, and attractive? What am I missing here?

OK...I get the whole sexism thing, the pay inequity, not to mention child birth, PMS, and the"monthly" visit...but beyond that...make like Nell Carter and GIMME A BREAK!



While I'd never want to be a woman...except to get free drinks in bars, and avoid speeding tickets...I just don't get where being a female in the United States is a problem. Especially a YOUNG, ATTRACTIVE woman. If you think it's a problem here...try living in the Middle East. THAT'S a hard place to be a woman.

Would you rather be old and unattractive? Let me tell you from experience...THAT SUCKS!

Maybe I'm missing something here...and if so...I'm all ears and open minded enough to listen. So in the words of Pat Benatar...Hit Me With Your Best Shot!




Help me understand this...I look forward to your comments.

Rate This Post


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a man would simply not understand.

September 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home