Listen Live

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The next step...Oh boy!

Alright, it has been 20 weeks and 5 days since I decided to be a healthier me, and make some life changes. I put down my cigarettes on May 10th and haven't picked them up since. YAY! I couldn't be happier and I feel so much better! I smell great all the time too! ;)Everyone I see smoking, I mentally say to them "Put that down it's gonna kill ya!".

You can confirm with Bill, that sometimes when I see people walking or standing out on Congress Street smoking I shout at them (even though they can't hear me) that they should quit. Don't get me wrong, I think my mind will always be one of a smoker - there are days when I would be willing chew my own arm off, thinking I want one. Just catching a whiff sometimes makes me say to myself "Ahhhhh.." But, I am not fearful of starting back up again. No way! Quitting was hard and it totally sucked. No way am I going through THAT again! I think I've passed all the 'tests of my resolve' to be committed to quitting.

Now that I am confident and pleased with my success, I am ready to make another change. The next obstacle I shall take on (and overcome of course) is my weight. Bill has lost a good amount of weight and I watched him go through his struggles, and sore moments from working hard at the gym. He asked me to join him on many times, telling me all the reasons I should. I know he is right, but just like the smoking - I couldn't commit to it until I was ready. I wasn't sure if I could give two things up at once, if you ask me, that is just setting myself up for failure.

But, I am blessed to be in a relationship with someone who inspires me every day to be a better person. The support I receive from him is not only appreciated, it is incredible. He is incredible. I signed up for Weight Watchers, and he is going to follow the program with me! I need to follow a structured program like this to keep me on track, because just like everyone else on the planet, there are some days when I say "Willpower? What's that?"

It's been two days, and we're struggling already. Not because we cheat - but because it is new for us to count points, weigh and measure food and actually THINK about what we're eating. I am also not used to drinking all this water! I feel like I am constantly in the bathroom... I am going to my first 'meeting' tomorrow. I got weighed in when I signed up, and WOW. I wasn't impressed with myself. I have also decided to take the plunge and join the gym. I hate exercise. It sucks. But, if I want to be the best me possible, I know it is something I have to do. Besides, who wants to lose weight without exercise? Who wants that flab just jiggling around all the time?

Wiggle room is what I want!



I will keep you updated as to my progress, and if you have any helpful info or an inspirational story you want to share, please feel free to leave a comment! You can also email me franksplace@1075frank.com

Rock on with your bad self!

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home