Listen Live

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shocking!

I love music...it's one of the best perks of my job...I sit in a room for 4 hours a day and I HAVE to listen to great music! It just doesn't get any better!

Now we all have our favorite bands, and singers. I'm fond of Led Zeppelin, The Allman Brothers Band, Eddie Money, Journey, Jimi, The Doors, The Stones...the list goes on and on.



So it was with great interest that I read an article this morning that says of all the No. 1 songs in the 50 years of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, Chubby Checker's "The Twist" ranks as the most popular single!

While I was surprised by that...it fails to compare with the shock of discovering that Elvis and the Beatles didn't even make the top five!

Believe it or not, Santana's "Smooth," featuring Rob Thomas, is the No. 2 most popular... followed by Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife," Leann Rimes' "How Do I Live" and "The Macarena" by Los Del Rio!



My God say it isn't so...I'm suddenly suffering from a hazy recollection of a drunken night aboard a Carnival cruise set sail for Mexico where I actually took part in some passenger talent contest. Fueled by Jose Cuervo Gold and "my friends"...I attempted to actually do the Macarena...eeek! For the love of God and country...please make it stop!

From here the news doesn't get much better...Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" is 6th on the list...



Oh well, at least she was hot in that headband!

But if you thought the torture ended there...oh no...we're just getting warmed up! Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life" is pure torture at No. 7.



The Beatles did make the Top 10...Hey Jude is No. 8.



Rounding out the top 10: Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" at No. 9 and Toni Braxton's "Un-break My Heart" at No. 10.



After all that bubble gum you'll excuse me if I go brush my teeth...I'll talk to you in the morning...and I promise NO Debbie Boone.

Labels: , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home