Listen Live

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Catching up...

I've been back from vacation for a week...and what a week it's been!

In the past 7 days we've adopted 2 new pets...my new greyhound, Chatterbox that I told you about earlier...and we're finally bringing home a new cat this Friday. We actually adopted Beanie last week at the Animal Refuge League for my 8 year old son Jack. However, Beanie has a cold and is on antibiotics until the end of this week.

And before you ask...yes, greyhounds and cats can live in peace and harmony inside the same house!


So while Animal Planet gets ready to do a show from inside my house...school has started in Hollis.

Last night was the night that parents across SAD 6 dream of all summer...Open House...which signals the start of the school year! Charmen and I toured the boys classrooms chatting with each teacher as the kids got reacquainted with friends they haven't seen all summer.

My youngest son met his teacher and try as she may to make a connection, he was having none of that. When she asked if he was excited about the first day of school he replied, "Ummm...not really!" She chuckled. She then asked him about his long vacation in California and he told her, "I wish I was on the airplane right now!" Obviously not one to give up easily, the teacher asked him what he liked about flying...and my son, not one to give in either, looked at her and said, "It was flying to California...which means I wasn't at school!" At this point she politely excused herself and went to talk with a less stubborn child!

Last night after the kids went to bed I commented to my wife that hopefully things will slow down a little now...and then she reminded me of all the after-school activities, her schedule, my schedule as the new Cub Master for Cub Scout Pack 323 in Hollis, and some of my upcoming work events.

All of a sudden I wish I was back on the plane headed to California too!

Just kidding!

I'll talk to you in the morning.

Labels: , ,


Rate This Post


1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Knight said...

He is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to meet him!! :0)

August 29, 2008 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home