Listen Live

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday 6/25/08

So... I get home today (after running all over hell and creation for my kids) and think, "Ahh, I'd sure love a nap! I stayed up way too late last night watching Wipe out and I survived a Japanese Game Show on T.V.! I will grab the dog, a glass of water and head to the solitary, dark room at the back of the house where I keep my bed! I will have a nice little nap and wake up refreshed and ready to face the beautiful afternoon, do my chores, make dinner, hang out with the kids - maybe get a double scoop blueberry ice cream cone later from Smiling Hill Farm. YUM!"

I got the dog, the water and closed the door to my room shutting out the household noise. I plugged in my phone, pulled back the curtains, opened the windows and lay down on the bed. I got all comfy on my pillow, grabbed a light blanket, (I am not the kind of person who can sleep without covers - no matter the temperature outside or in my room...I think that is a security thing, but in all my years of therapy, it never came up so I can't really say for sure) closed my eyes and thought of nothingness.

I was in a complete state of bliss, and am sure I would have been drooling had my phone not rang and shattered my silence. I looked at the phone and didn't recognize the #, so my finger automatically hit silence. Then I reconsidered and remembered that I had a new phone# and the only people who have this # are people I've personally given it to, so I decided to go ahead and answer it.

It was my friend Dan from high school! He called to say that he was coming through town and wanted to stop and say hello. He lives in Laurinburg, N.C. and I haven't seen him in years! How exciting! I am so glad I took his call!! He is going to come over for dinner tonight, and we're going to catch up on what's happened for us in the past ten years. I can't believe it's been that long. Has it really? Goodness! How time flies!

When we hung up, I jumped out of bed, grabbed my phone, my purse and my keys and headed out the door for dinner. While I am driving out of the yard, I say to myself, "Heidi you know what you have to make for dinner...this is a special visitor...go to the Meat House and get some Burgundy Wine Tips and whatever else they have that looks good! I drove over to SoPo and of course forgot about that stupid STUPID construction traffic there at exit #3 of 295.

I finally made it to the Meat House and not only did I get my Burgundy Wine Tips, I got some Sun dried Tomato marinated chicken, some asparagus, some fresh Mitchell's salsa (OMG so good) and some nacho strips - but they had some red potatoes with garlic pepper seasoning, all cut up and ready to throw on the grill as well! I made a few other selections from the beer case and for about $40 I have a meal fit for a king, AND my friend Dan! Not to mention I will have food for tomorrow's left over night! Way cheaper than going out, and so much tastier!
I know you hear Bill and I talking up the Meat House - Yes, it really IS that good!!!
Plus, I get the satisfaction of making the meal while hanging out in the kitchen spending time with my friend!

On my way home, I let a city bus driver, pull out into traffic ahead of me - much to the chagrin of the motorists behind me - and saw the delight in his face because I wanted him to go first. That was my good deed for the day, and now I am free to eat 'meat candy and drink beer' for the remainder of my day.

Rock on with your bad selves,

H

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home