Listen Live

Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday 6/23/08

Well, I just got back from washing Bill's car - due to the fact that I lost the bet. I knew that I had pretty much lost, when I woke up on Saturday morning - but no big deal, right? I can handle a car wash. Little did I know, that Bill also knew by Saturday morning, that I was going to be washing his car, and decided to take his family on a nice long tour through 'bug central'...

So, I helped a very close friend of mine do some painting this weekend.
I would have to say the highlight was being on a ladder painting the house when it started thunder & lightening and pouring buckets from a bright blue sky! Now, maybe you don't think that rain, thunder and lightening are a big deal...But, let me tell you how much I hate being up on a ladder.

I HATE BEING UP ON A LADDER!

Going up is really no big deal, it's the coming down that gets me!
Now, picture something else I HATE - thunder & lightening.
So, imagine if you will, my surprise and dismay when the weather decided to turn ugly and make a bold appearance whilst I am up on said ladder... I am lucky I didn't break my neck and spill all my paint trying to get down. I did spill a great deal on my arm and down my right leg, but, in the grand scheme of things, it's replaceable. I am not. Well, OK , maybe I am, but that's not the point, alright? My point is, it will be a loooooong time before this kid goes back up a ladder.

Here's the thing - I don't think I am afraid of heights, I think I am just afraid of falling.
Or getting struck by lightening.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that would suck.

Heck it would suck even more to get struck by lightening and THEN fall off the ladder.

On that note, rock on with your bad self, see you soon!

H

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home