Listen Live

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WHAT A RAIN STORM

Holy cow! My power just came back on a few minutes ago, after a major thunderstorm rolled through Hollis Center. Now it's hailing non-stop...and not just little chunks of ice...this stuff is big enough to put in a glass and pour vodka over (which doesn't sound like a bad idea!)

While I usually don't mind the rain...today just isn't the best day for a thunderstorm. You see, it's my kids first day of Summer vacation and they've been stuck inside most of the day. If you're a parent you know what that means...alternating bouts of arguing with each other and then getting along for 15 minutes, flipping through 76 channels of TV and finding nothing to watch (which is to say that Sponge Bob Square Pants, iCarly, and/or My Gym Partner is a Monkey isn't on!) and asking me questions like, "Dad what would happen if I put a snake in your underwear drawer?" (Yes I did check to see if there was in fact one there hiding under my Calvin Kleins...thank God there wasn't, but it's only the first day of their vacation!)

My wife and I are about to begin my least favorite conversation of the day...you know the one..."What do you want to have for dinner?" she'll ask. "I don't know...what do you want?" I'll reply. She'll then take a deep breath and say, "I don't know either. Boys, what do you want for dinner?"

After years of asking this I don't know why either of us is surprised when we get the answer, "Macaroni and Cheese!" I swear these kids own stock in Kraft that I know nothing about. If it were up to them they would eat Mac and Cheese every single day of their existence. Of course I'm positive this will all change when they go to college and expect me to foot the bill for T-Bone steaks and cases of Shipyard so they can impress some hot cheerleader!

Aaah yes, as if on cue...here comes my wife down the hall carrying something frozen in a box with that "How does this sound for supper" look on her face. So on that note I'm headed off to get out a box of Macaroni and Cheese...and maybe check the MSNBC stock ticker to see how Kraft did today on Wall Street.

Talk to you in the morning.

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home