Listen Live

Friday, June 20, 2008

Wow...

Well, this is my first time blogging - I've been given a few tips to make it more engaging, so hopefully I will be informative, entertaining and to the point. I know the keystrokes to get me here now, so you're going to have to deal with my rants, raves and what-not on whatever topic I choose to discuss.

Muuuuaahhhhhaaaa! (evil, menacing laughter)

Today, Bill and I made a bet.
A bet about a movie no less.

While discussing the 'new releases' at the theater this weekend, I told him that I was really excited about The Love Guru, and bet him a car wash that it would be #1 over the weekend!

What?!?

As I sit here and write this, I am thinking that perhaps I was a bit hasty in making that bet. Not because I am afraid of losing, oh no! Rather, because my history with movies, attending them, knowing stories about them or even remotely remembering what some of them are about if I have seen them - is not good.

If you've been listening to our show at all, you will have heard Bill give me a hard time about my lack of movie knowledge (or viewing) on more than one occasion. I don't mind this, as I could really care less most of the time. So, I suppose in essence, what I'm saying here is that I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to movies, and I had no right to make the call that The Love Guru would be #1 at the box office! I mean come on, I am not stupid. I've seen the reviews... Yikes.

However, dramatic pause, I will say that I love corny, quirky humor and find Mike Meyers highly entertaining in a juvenile, pubescent way. I own all the Austin Powers movies, and watch them on a regular basis.

So, make sure you're listening on Monday @ 8:30 to see who wins this bet!


Guess we'll find out how bad I really am with the whole movie thing, won't we...Oh well, I can't be good with everything I do. I mean, come on, I am practically perfect in so many other areas already... I gotta leave the 'little things' for someone else!

Rock on with your bad selves...

H

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fox said...

I love your confidence...however, make sure you wear something on Monday that you won't mind getting wet...and for the love of God...DO NOT make it a white T-shirt!

Oh yeah, don't forget your sponge and bucket!

June 22, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home