Listen Live

Monday, June 23, 2008

Washing My Car and Other Random Thoughts...

Yes...it's true...Heidi is washing my car.



As a matter of fact she has already washed it (although, she certainly didn't approach it with the same vigor that she did when arguing that Love Guru would be #1 at the box office over the weekend!)

There are those that think she shouldn't have to honor the bet...although she's the one that proposed the entire idea. As a rule, I don't usually make bets...unless I have a direct impact on the results...however this was truly a suckers bet because anyone that knows anything about movies (and Heidi doesn't) knew that Love Guru was a disaster waiting to happen. Now don't misunderstand me...I LOVE Mike Myers. So I Married an Axe Murder is one of the funniest movies ever...Love Guru, not so much. My advice to Mike Myers...go write another Austin Powers movie or count all the money you made off of the first three.

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have had her wash my car...now it's SURE to rain again.

The rain is nice on a hot summer day...heck, I don't even mind if it rains 2 days in a row...really. But a week of rain? Enough already. It's a major pain in the butt. Oh sure it means that we have puddles filling the pot holes in Portland and you could wreck a good tire...or maybe the basement gets a little wet...and yes, it means holding off on a trip to Pine Point or Sebago Lake...but that all pales in comparison to the biggest problem with non-stop rain: MY KIDS ARE STUCK INSIDE THE HOUSE AND THEY'RE DRIVING ME INSANE!

I've tried movie marathon's, board games (or is that BORED games?), on-line games, reading, art projects, chores...you name it...I've tried everything to keep them entertained. I guess the good news is that if my radio career ever goes up in smoke I've got all the training I need to be a GREAT cruise ship director!

Rate This Post


3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Knight said...

Slave Driver!

June 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Bill Fox said...

The lesson learned should be this: "Never let your mouth write checks your butt can't cash!"

June 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Heidi Knight said...

To be honest, I really did think it would be #1 based on Mike's past movie efforts. I am now forced to write him a letter, with a link to this blog page so he can see the humiliation I endured for him. Maybe it will net us a copy of the movie on DVD. You know, since neither one of us are going to the theater to see it. You because you wouldn't like it, and me because, well, I'm me.

June 24, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home