Listen Live

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Move Over Mad Fisherman...FISH MAN is here!


I love it when my kid's think I'm bigger than life!

It's true...every dad secretly wants to be a Super Hero! Me? I'm FISH MAN!

Yeah I know...the name kinda sucks...but I don't care because I walked around my house yesterday the envy of every dad on my street. When I took my son's, Jack and Nick, fishing yesterday afternoon I was planning on the typical day...you know the one where I spend 80% of my time baiting hooks, untangling line, and removing hooks from unsuspecting fingers...another 10% breaking up fights over the best flavor of fruit snacks, and then 10% actually fishing!

But yesterday the fishing gods shined their benevolent light on me and all was right in the land of Large Mouth Bass. Both boys were in great moods and they only got better (as did mine) when I landed fish #1...while it was truly nothing to write home about...it certainly set the mood for the day. There were smiles, laughter, and pats on the back for the Old Man (that's me!)...so imagine the surprise (including mine) when the next 2 fish flopped to the shore within minutes.

At one point Nick asked Jack if he'd like to move to another area of the lake. By Jacks look you would have thought he'd just been asked if he'd like to go back and repeat 2nd grade all over again! His answer was just as funny, "No way Nick. Dad is like a fish magnet. I'm staying right here."

When I pulled in bass #5 I had reached the status of Living Legend...and when #6 got pulled in I was officially a Super Hero...yes, FISH MAN! The name stinks, as did the fish, but the feeling/experience I shared with my 2 son's didn't stink...even for a second!

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home