Listen Live

Thursday, December 3, 2009

$70 down the toilet...

So, I got pulled over yesterday, and yes, I got a ticket for not wearing my seat-belt.

$70 of my Christmas fund goes out the window to pay for that little gem.

Now, I realize that he has a job to do, and I can’t fault him for doing it well. Especially, since he explained that he was specifically on seat-belt duty, and that he had me ‘fair and square’.

I told him that seat-belt duty ‘sucked’ to which he replied “EXCUSE ME?” I quickly said, “Well, what I meant, was that, seat-belt duty is rather dull. Wouldn’t you rather be doing something more exciting?”

Of course THEN, the cop told me that he had already worked 8 hours and was on seat-belt duty as OT… Great. My taxes pay his salary and his OT so he can pull me over and write me a ticket. He didn’t seem impressed when I asked for a loan of approximately $70.

Then he said “Well, think of it this way, the $70 ticket for not wearing a seatbelt is a lot less than the ticket I could have written you for speeding. Have a nice day Ma’am.”

“You have a nice day too sir”

$#$&*@!



Rock on,
H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home