Listen Live

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

OMG. It's been since July...

Holy crap. I can't believe I haven't been here since July. It's been on my mind to get here, I just kept letting time get away from me...

A lot has happened since July!

I had a crappy vacation, ended a relationship, moved, broke a valuable piece of ceramics and went without an inspection sticker for more than two months. My daughter moved out and started college, my dog got attacked by a rooster, I've made a great many new friends AND I started dating.

Now, lets stop here for a second. I just want to say that DATING SUCKS. I have come to realize, in a very short time, that there really are people who are 'serial daters'. Creepers. Let me please advise you that Craigslist is NOT the place to try and meet anyone. TRUST ME. Either way you go with CL, you're in for a treat. Lets just say that the one person I did meet from CL, I was afraid to step away from my car. In fact, I opened the door and stood inside the door to talk with him. Seriously. That sucked. Perhaps I have an overactive imagination, but he reminded me of a wolf. He actually 'licked his chops' if you can believe it.

Then of course, there was the one at Starbucks who continually texted me, and I never did meet; and after him the guy who continually talked about his 'stuff'. He was strange. He would randomly throw a compliment into conversation and then quickly change the subject.

"Sure is a nice day, I've been working outside all morning; Gee you have a really nice smile; It sure does smell good in here, I wonder what they're cooking.."

Um, WHAT??

I mean really, how does one respond to a compliment like that? He did speak of interesting subject matter and the conversation wasn't boring, when I could keep up with him...

I did find it odd, that 2 hours after I met him he texted me and said "Thank you. So, did you like me so far?" :/

Really?

OMG. Lemme think about that. Ok, no.

Then, 15 minutes later, I get a text from the 'Text Guy' that said"Lets try it again". :/ :/ :/

I didn't respond to either message.

Then, being the brave soul that I am, I decided to meet yet another person at Starbucks. He too walked right by me and outside, at least he called instead of texting. I would have been out of there so quick my own head would have been spinning. This guy was very nice and a complete gentleman. I felt that he was a decent enough guy and agreed to go on a date with him. The next day. We had a date with night vision goggles, baby oil and saran wrap, that was absolutely a ton of fun! He didn't know it, but he got total bonus points, when he whipped out some of those hand warmers that you can fit in your pockets - Ahh. I do love to be warm.

He's a complete geek about STAR WARS and Star Trek. I know that 'The Shat' played Captain Kirk and Spock had pointy ears. Jean-Luc Picard had a #1 and Whoopie Goldberg is thrown in there somewhere too. I know even less about STAR WARS. Of course, I see this as an opportunity to learn, because 'Jedi Dan' has offered to sit with me and watch all 6 STAR WARS movies. Oh boy.

Aren't these movies like 3 plus hours long or something crazy like that? I'm gonna need some beer if I have to sit that long. Did I mention that there were 6 films total? I hope there's intermission. I already need more beer.

Last night, I went to the 'Red Carpet Premiere' of Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day, with my son and it rocked my socks! I hadn't seen the first one, had no clue what it was about; but it didn't take me long to understand and I was hooked from beginning to end. It was fantastically active and unbelievable. The acting was good, it made me laugh out loud and it left me wanting another sequel. If you're into vigilante-type justice with lots of shooting and things being smashed to pieces, you'll love it. Jared was totally pumped! He got an autograph and photo and plans to give it to his friend Colleen. How sweet! We had a great time together, I'm glad we got to share that. Thank you Bob Marley, for the sweet hook-up!

If you're still here reading all this drivel, I'd like to thank you. Thank you for being my Facebook friend, thank you for calling and saying how much you like the show, thank you for just listening. It's nice to know that I've got such a BIG family! You guys make me laugh and you make me laugh at you. You support me when you think I'm being mistreated and you chide me when I make a mistake. It's all good fun and I love every minute of it.

I'll try to be better at blogging. Heck, I gotta try and be good at something. I suck at math, as we all know from the fiasco on Defend your Gender yesterday. Like I said, I'm no mathlete.

I admit it freely, ask my kids, they call their friends for homework help.

Rock on with your bad self.

H

Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home