Listen Live

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Moving stinks! But I am glad it's over!

Long time no write BLOG! I have been so busy this past week!! I decided to move, and initially thought it may take me a month. Once I started packing, I realized that I didn't need to keep dragging all this junk around with me, and I started purging...That lasted a week, and by the time I was done, I had decided that I didn't need a month after all! I ended up moving/giving away/throwing away it all in a week! Some of it was done in car loads, and there were three trailer loads.

I decided to part with a good many things that I have schlepped around with me for years. Some of them went because I was just tired of looking at them. Others went because I no longer needed them and quite a few items went, simply because they reminded me of lives past - and I felt they were full of bad karma. I am making a move for the better and I don't want or need that negative energy in the new space.

Especially, since my kids and I moved in with my boyfriend and his son...
Shock! I know, I felt it too.
Some moments I still do, and I get that drunk butterfly feeling in my belly.
=0)
You know the one. It's all good and I am smiling as I post this. He is my best friend. There is no one that I would rather spend time with. He makes me laugh, he makes me think, and he challenges me. He is supportive and thoughtful, kind and loving. I think sometimes it embarrasses him that I can so openly tell someone this. I would walk up to a complete stranger and talk their ear off about how wonderful he is, the wonderful things he does, and the way he makes me feel.

I love him.

I know how hard it is to live with someone though, I've done it. So far, this seems pretty easy. We're all learning each other's habits and schedules, and trying to be respectful of boundaries and personal spaces. My dog is having a harder time adjusting than anyone else. He has had to go through some behavior modifications since moving in, and he hasn't entirely liked them all.

The house is a mess with boxes, and items which need to be sorted through and put away. So far today I've emptied three boxes and it doesn't look like the pile is growing any smaller! There is also laundry to do, floors to sweep and I am dead tired and would LOVE to take a nap...

I've been a busy bee this past week, and from where I am sitting right now, it doesn't look like this weekend is going to be any better...OMG, could someone please shoot me?

I came home the other day with 6 bags of bagels, two loaves of bread, two danish (one raspberry and one cheese - cheese was #1!) and some dinner rolls. Someone laughed at all that bread, but know what? In a house with two adults and three teenagers (two of which are boys) who have all have 2+ friends here on a continual basis - I am happy to report that it is almost gone and none has been wasted. The best part of this is that I got it all at the bread store on Forest Ave/Stevens Ave and saved a TON! Who doesn't love that when you need to put all your extra funds into the gas tank of the car...

Anyway, I suppose I will go make dinner now. I couldn't tell you how many mouths will be around the table tonight. Although, it honestly doesn't matter. It is easier for me to feed them all of them (body and mind) while they're here - I don't want someone else doing that job.

I may not like the job they do.

Rock on with your bad self, I am totally rockin on with my new family.

H

Labels: , , , , ,


Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home