Listen Live

Monday, July 28, 2008

Love At First Sight

According to the Lewiston Sun Journal an Auburn couple, Tracie Weston and Clayton Morse, got married on Thursday at the Lewiston Bus Station.

I can almost imagine the movie of their lives playing on the big screen at the Saco Cinemagic...the camera pulls back from the hazy exhaust of a Greyhound bus, our groom-to-be dressed in his Sunday best, hair coiffed to perfection...searching the curb for his beloved fiance.

Suddenly, he spots her next to the candy machine...a Baby Ruth in her hand...the same hand that he'll hopefully hold for the rest of his life.

As their eyes meet across the busy parking lot, the music begins to play softly in the background. They run to each other...careful to avoid being struck by a fast moving bus, or to trip over a stray piece of luggage...finally, they come together as one...embracing, pausing to look deeply into each others eyes.

It's then that Clayton notices the time on his watch and realizes that they'd better hurry before the 11:15 to Augusta arrives and the lobby is full of strangers. The happy couple race inside...and there behind the glass of the ticket window...the very same ticket window where he met Tracie just 50 some odd days ago...stands the minister/bus terminal PA announcer...ready to join them in holy matrimony.

As people stumble off an inbound bus from Portland, and others sit around waiting to leave...the love birds take their vows...for what they each pray will be the very last time!

We cut to the end of the ceremony...the new husband and wife introduced over the station PA. As they head out the door and board the next bus to Happily Ever After, the camera pans the crowded lobby of well-wishers...some with that far away look of love in their eyes, others look on with amusement, while a couple of old guys just look like they need to find a toilet.

The newlywed's jump aboard their Greyhound carriage and ride away into the sunset...eternally blissful and deeply in love.

OK...so maybe I made most of that up...my mom always said I had a vivid imagination as a kid. I suppose some things never change!

At least the first sentence was true...Tracie and Clayton did get married last week at the Lewiston bus station. Here's the real story...

Clayton went to the bus station to buy a ticket to Arizona. As fate would have it, Tracie was behind the counter that day and sold him the ticket. They started up a conversation...and all the way to Arizona, Clayton couldn't get Tracie off his mind.

I guess that's sort of the same feeling I get when I know there's a box of donuts in the house...I just can't stop thinking about them! Alright, so maybe it's a little different...but you know what I'm saying!

While suffering the heat of Arizona, Clayton was busy burning up the phone back to Maine, talking to Tracie.

I'm not sure if he used some lame excuse like, "Hey, I was wondering...did I leave my Red Sox hat at the counter that day I bought the ticket? It's no big deal...I can pick up another one....but I'm kinda attached to that one 'cause I was wearing it back in '04 when they won the Series."

Or maybe he just called up and said, "Tracie, I can't get you off my mind. You might be the hottest chick I've ever seen working at a bus station ticket window in my life. Would you like to go bowling when I come home?"

However the conversation went, the two started dating as soon as Clayton got home to Maine. Now these must have been Red Bull fueled dates because these two were so hyped up that they said their "I do's" just 50 days after that first meeting at the bus station!

Now far be it from me to shun true love...after all, my 10 year wedding anniversary to my long-suffering wife is this Friday. What kind of makes me scoff a bit is the fact that these two have each been married a couple of times before...so you'd think they'd know better!

What's the rush...where's the fire...slow down a little...walk before you run...heck try crawling before you run!

Maybe I'm being a bit cynical...or maybe I just don't believe in love at first sight...LUST at first sight YES...especially if it's Megan Fox!

Love? I think that love is a little more elusive...but hey, what do I know? As long as they're happy...then that's all that's important...and I wish them well.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Knight said...

You make-a me laugh. I like this story though, I don't think they're nuts! I think they're willing to take risks. Heck, they probably went shark diving or bull running on their honeymoon. If things don't work out, at least they didn't spend $20K on a wedding and reception! I wish them the best of luck too!

July 29, 2008 at 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home