Listen Live

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a waste!

I read a news story this morning that really got me thinking. It was about a young woman who at the tender age of 24 has early stage emphysema. She has drug and alcohol problems beyond measure. Her husband is in jail and perhaps that is the best place for him. The story was about Amy Winehouse.

It tears me up to no end to know that this beautiful young woman could already be in the end years of her life, and it is really just beginning! I heard her voice on the radio and was instantly captivated by it. She has the capacity, in my opinion, to be legendary.

I don't know if she could ever rank up with the likes of Ertha Kitt


Ella Fitzgerald


Billie Holiday


Or the one and only Etta James... ( God I love her.... )


But Amy has the potential for greatness. I don't know if she's angry, misunderstood or simply doesn't care about herself. It's a shame to think that instead of her ending up like these beautiful women who came before her, she could end up like so many others who have let their success go to their heads and get the best of them.

Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Janice Joplin, Beverly Kenney, Carole Landis, and the list goes on and on. I hope that she eventually says "Yes" to some rehab - it would be a shame to waste such talent on death.



Rock on with your bad self,

H

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Rate This Post


1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Fox said...

Hello...Amy? It's Dr. Drew...yeah, from Celebrity Rehab.

I've heard your song and kinda have a feeling what your opinion of rehab is...but talk it over with your dad again and maybe re-consider your options.

Hey it did wonders for Chyna and that kid from American Idol.

OK...well if not...call me on Loveline...cause I'll bet you've seem some freaky stuff!

July 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home