Listen Live

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things that irk the heck out of me...

OK, everyone has something that irks the heck right out of them. I just know it!

And for everyone who gets irked, there's always someone who has to say "What's the big deal? No one cares about that anyway." Or "Who even notices that? What're you some kind of freak?"

Well, whether or not I am a freak is beside the point, because I know that I'm not the only one who notices these things.

Here's an example; women wearing pajamas in public.

Sorry ladies, this doesn't make you look casual. It makes you look like crap. The last thing I want to see when I go to Hannaford is you pushing a cart full of frozen meals, potato chips and cheap beer; all while wearing your 'Sponge Bob Squarepants pj pants. There's usually a big sweatshirt that tops off the look. Often times, your poorly dyed hair is hastily pulled up in a scrunchie on top of your head. (Which you probably did last night before bed - and think the 'messy' look makes you sexier somehow.) Don't get me wrong, I love Sponge Bob Squarepants. But the pj pants don't belong on anyone over the age of 13. Sorry.

Something else I absolutely can't stand to see on women in public are sweatpants. Save them for the gym. Unless you're running along side the road, or playing basketball in the spring/fall when it's chilly outside, or you're training to be a prize fighter like Rocky - save them for wearing around the house. And just because they're 'new' doesn't mean you should wear them to the movies or out to dinner.

Get a grip!


It's no secret that I get up early for work. My alarm goes off between 2:30 and 2:45 each and every glorious morning. I climb out of bed, grab my clothes and head downstairs to shower, dress and take care of the dogs, coffee and anything else I can do before I have to leave at 3:30.

This morning, I grabbed a pair of socks out of the drawer, and got dressed quickly, shoved my feet in my boots and headed out to clean off the car and warm it up so I wouldn't be late. My pants were a little wet and my feet were cold in my boots so, when I got to the station, I kicked off the boots and sat in my stocking feet while I got ready to start my morning.

I looked down and saw something that absolutely drives me nuts...and it was on ME!
My socks weren't matched. That's right, I had two different socks on.
So, I did what any neurotic Morning Show Host with a blog would do. I rolled up my pant legs and took a picture with my phone.
Now, as for the socks....The're the same Old Navy Brand, they're the exact same style, but they're two different colors. If my feet weren't so cold, I would have taken them off and thrown them away.

I CAN'T STAND IT WHEN MY SOCKS DON'T MATCH. My kids know this and make fun of me all the time. They wear mismatched socks on purpose and ask me how I like them. I don't think it's funny - I am not the least bit amused.


Call me neurotic, call me a freak - say what you want. But, I know there is someone else out there with the same issue. Maybe it's not socks but it's something that is equally disturbing...
I am going home to change my socks now.


Rock on with your bad self,


H



Rate This Post


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home